Friday 1 February 2013

I am a writer with moderate hearing loss, which I have had since I was in my early 30's. Now in my mid 50's I want to create a blog where we can have open discussion about what it is like in the world of the hard of hearing. This may be humorous stories or poignant ones and hopefully there will be some useful advice on how to avoid the isolation which occurs when communication becomes difficult. Please interact with the site. It's for you and me to talk. Also visit me on my writing blog at www.writelindy.wordpress.com

 Social events are becoming a little more difficult for me and I suspect that my hearing is changing again. I am lucky that I have some excellent hearing aids which allow me to continue to communicate reasonably well. However, as with all artificial items, they are not perfect.

I like to do a lot of exercise and during this the aids become moist which affects the filters and causes a dulling effect. To cure this I remove them and wipe them off and sometimes blow a puff of air through the air inlet to clear it. I would be interested to know if anyone else has this problem and what their solution is.

No comments:

Post a Comment